When moving in such a rapidly evolving field as digital marketing, it is important to constantly keep ut to date on the latest trends. If you miss insight in the current and upcoming trends, you can read here and get an insight into what you need to pay special attention to in 2020.
In 2019, chatbots gained a good foothold in the Danish as well as the international market. Chatbots will continue to be an important, if not even more important part of digital marketing in 2020. This AI based technology uses instant answering technology, which makes it possible to chat “in real time” 24 hours a day.
The 24/7 availability, fast response time, the accurate memory of the shopping trip and the ability to not lose patience with the customer, are something customers value. These virtual assistants offer excellent customer service, by meeting customer expectations when it suits the customer.
- 63% of respondents prefer to write with a chatbot if they intend to communicate with a company.
- Chatbots will account for 85% of customer service by 2020.
- 80% of the companies surveyed will have chatbots by 2020.
- 44% of managers believe that AI’s most significant function is the ability to collect data that can be used to make decisions.
2. Video marketing
Video marketing is one of the most important marketing methods today and probably for the next 5-10 years as well. Many analyzes suggest that if a website contains video, then it can drive up to 50 times more traffic than if it only contains text. You may think “why?”.
Google know that people find video much more appealing than text, which is why they also push pages containg video to a higher ranking. So do not just sit and think – get started right away!
- 70% of consumers say they have shared a business video
- 52% of consumers say they will be more confident about a product if they have seen a product video
- 72% of companies say that video has increased their conversion rate
3. Influencer marketing
Influencer marketing is an investment. To get the most optimal results, you have to work hard to find the right people to promote your products.
Influencers can be famous people, but more often it is typically instagram or youtube personalities.
As AI gets better and more widely used, the process of finding the right influencers will also improve. There are now many softwares that can help you find the perfect influencer, for your next campaign.
- 58% of respondents have bought a product through an influencer in the last 6 months
- 63% of consumers have more confidence and credibility in influencers than they have in the company itself
If you want to increase your marketing performance, it is important to make your marketing more personal.
Kevin George from EmailMonks claims that personalized E-mails based on behavior are 3 times better than the regular “Batch-and-blast emails”.
But before you can offer personal marketing, it is important to have good quality data, as well as the understanding to use it.
Netflix is a good example of using of personalized content. Their ability to show recommended series/movies to the individual customer has proven to be really beneficial for their customer satisfaction.
- 63% of consumers get annoyed with generic marketing content
- 90% claim that they find personalized content far more appealing
- 80% say they are more likely to do business with a company if they offer personalized marketing experiences.
DO YOU WANT TO HEAR MORE? YOU ARE WELCOME TO CALL US, SO WE CAN TALK ABOUT HOW WE CAN HELP YOU.
DIGITAL MARKETING AGENCY